Such an absolutely out of left field, ridiculous, idiotic and outlandish take that you have no other choice but to respect it. So many great things about that call-
- “Overrated Record” – 2,131 games in a row. TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED THIRTY ONE GAMES IN A ROW. I will be lucky if I can make it 5 days in a row sitting at the computer updating this blog. The Iron Man didn’t miss a beat for 14 years & went a few more after that. Disrespecting that is so disrespectful you almost have to respect it.
- This call is coming in 2005. Four years after Ripken retired.
- He is willing to fast forward his life 5 years in order to see Hideki Matsui break the record. I remember it being a minor little story if Matsui’s Japanese games should count towards his consecutive games played mark(They shouldn’t). Regardless, Matsui’s MLB streak fizzled out just a year after this call at 518 games (1,768 if you do include the Japanese league)
- “He’s overpaid” “He didn’t play that hard” “Had a crappy record that didn’t play that hard” “Wow played a bunch of games in a row, good job there tough guy”
- The gauntlet thrown down that he will pay a Million bucks to spray Ripken with a full mace spray. Rome shouldn’t have cut him off here, something tells me this psychopath did have a million stashed away for this opportunity. The hatred was so real, not a troll job. You don’t just wake up 4 years after the retirement of the guy and call a radio show to rip into him.
- Rome getting a Alex Cora and Hee Sop Choi sucks blast off.
- Anytime you can be reminded of the greatest baseball card of all time, Billy Ripken you were a fuck face